Simply spoon your melted chocolate to the bottom of your baking cups, top with a slice of banana and a scoop of peanut butter mixed with coconut oil. Then, top each nugget with a dollop of chocolate. Freeze for twenty minutes, and enjoy. Having these delicious cups in your freezer will give you that candy feel and flavor, without the added fat and calories.
Monkey Poop, serves 16
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips (can also be dark chocolate cut into small pieces from a bar)
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced into 16 rounds
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter, store bought or homemade
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil, (unrefined extra-virgin preferred)
- 16 (1.25-inch) baking cups
1. Place a sheet of wax or parchment paper on the counter top for preparation. Set the baking cups on top.
2. Melt chocolate in a double-boiler or in a small sauce pan over low heat. Allow to cool slightly. In the meantime, combine the melted coconut oil and peanut butter.
3. Add approximately 1 teaspoon melted chocolate to the bottom of each baking cup, followed by one banana slice, 1 teaspoon peanut butter mixture, and lastly drop about 1/2 teaspoon melted chocolate in the center of each cup. Carefully place cups on a freezer safe dish or casserole pan. Cover and place in the freezer until set, approximately 1 hour.
NOTE: These perfectly portioned Peanut Butter Banana Cups thaw quickly. For best results, enjoy one at a time after allowing to set at room temperature about 2-3 minutes.
Adapted from Skinnyms.com