also paleo, vegan, gluten-free and takes less than five minutes to whip up! its the perfect potion-sized breakfast, snack, or healthy treat!
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup protein powder of choice (I’ve tried both the pumpkin flavor from GNC and Isagenix, both are great!)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour (can substitute coconut flour or almond flour for paleo version)*
- 1/2 T + granulated sweetener of choice (optional)**
- 1 T nut butter of choice
- 1/2 T pure maple syrup
- 1/2 T + dairy free milk of choice
- Lily’s Sugar-free chocolate chips (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, protein powder, oats or flour of choice, and sweetener. Mix well.
2. In a small microwave-safe dish or on the stovetop, melt the nut butter with the maple syrup. Add to the pumpkin mixture until fully incorporated.
3. Add dairy free milk of choice until desired consistency is reached.
* Depending on which flour you use, you may not need the dairy free milk
** When I used a sweetened protein powder I omitted extra sweetener. Adjust accordingly yourself.
The longer this sits in the fridge, the thicker it becomes. I love prepping it the night before purely for this reason- I find I don’t even need the extra dairy free milk.
This can be frozen and thawed before consumption.
*Based on recipe from TheBigMansWorld.com.*