Creamy Avocado Zucchini Pasta with Grilled Corn and Spicy Shrimp.
By Ali Maffucci of Inspiralized
Time to prepare: 15 minutes / Time to cook: 20 minutes / Serves: 2
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Kernels from 1 medium ear of corn
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 medium zucchinis, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- 8 medium to large shrimp, deveined, shells removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
For the avocado dressing:
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ½ small jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Water, if needed to thin
- Start by spiralizing, dicing, mincing and prepping all ingredients.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a food processor (or high speed blender) and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust to your preferences, if needed!
- Place the zucchini noodles into a large mixing bowl, add the dressing and toss thoroughly to combine.
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add in the corn kernels and season with paprika, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until corn is bright yellow and fork tender. Remove and set aside.
- While corn cooks, place the shrimp in a medium bowl and top with olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Once the corn is done and set aside, add in the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for 2 minutes, flip, and cook another 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and c-shaped.
- Once fully cooked, plate the zucchini noodles before placing the shrimp on top. Complete by adding in the cooked corn kernels right on top!